Skip links and navigation

Make a complaint

How to request a review of a decision we have made

If you believe we did not make the right decision in relation to your complaint, you can request to have the decision reviewed.


We’re committed to providing Queenslanders with a transparent, accountable and fair complaints management system. To that end, we provide parties to a complaint with the opportunity to seek a review of certain administrative decisions in accordance with our Internal review policy.

What can you do if you are dissatisfied with a decision?

If you believe that the decision we made in relation to your complaint is wrong, it’s recommended that you discuss your concerns with the officer listed on the letter we sent to you (i.e. the notice of decision). That person will seek to explain how the decision was reached, as well answer any queries you may have.

If you still believe the decision is incorrect, you can request an internal review.

What decisions can be reviewed?

Requests for an internal review may be accepted if the original decision we made was to:

  • not accept the complaint


  • take no further action in relation to the complaint (NB: this applies only in instances where the case has been closed).

How long do you have to request an internal review?

Requests for an internal review must be made in writing within 28 calendar days of you having received the letter advising you of our decision (i.e. the notice of decision) and must include a clear explanation justifying why the decision should be changed.

You may provide new information or material which was not available at the time the original decision was made.

How do you make a request for internal review?

Requests for internal review must:

  • be in writing
  • refer to the relevant case reference number
  • provide a concise summary of the reasons or grounds for review
  • provide your preferred contact information.

You may lodge your request for internal review:


  • By post to
    Internal reviews
    Office of the Health Ombudsman
    PO Box 13281 George Street

What can you do if you are not satisfied with the internal review decision?

If you are not satisfied with the decision made on internal review, or any part of the internal review process, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Queensland Ombudsman.

You may wish to visit their website at to see how they can assist you.

The contact details for the Office of the Queensland Ombudsman are:

  • Level 17, 53 Albert Street
    Brisbane QLD 4000


  • GPO Box 3314
    Brisbane QLD 4001

Telephone: 07 3005 7000 or Free call 1800 068 908

More information

If you would like more information, the Office of the Health Ombudsman Internal review policy is available.