Skip links and navigation

Contact us

Accessing information

We’re committed to your rights to information and privacy.

Our vision is to be the cornerstone of a fair, transparent and accountable health complaints management system, which is why we publish as much information here on this website as possible.

If there is information that you require which doesn’t appear on this website may contact us to speak with a Right to Information (RTI) officer. Depending on the information required, this person may be able to assist you with an administrative access or an RTI request.

Making an administrative access request

You can make an administrative access request for certain non-sensitive information–such as information about you–by emailing us at, or writing to us, along with the following:

  • your full name and date of birth
  • the postal address where you want the information sent
  • details about the documents you’re requesting
  • proof of identity (such as a certified copy of your driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate, Medicare or health benefits card).

If you are seeking documents on behalf of someone else, you must provide evidence of both identities as well as proof of your authorisation to act on that person’s behalf (such as a signed authority or power of attorney).

Accessing information under the Right to Information Act 2009 and Information Privacy Act 2009

The Right to Information Act 2009 (the RTI Act) and Information Privacy Act 2009 (the IP Act) give a right of access to information held by government, unless, on balance it would be contrary to the public interest to release the information.

For more information about the RTI Act or IP Act visit the Queensland Government’s Right to Information website .

Download and complete the Queensland Government’s Right to Information and Information Privacy Access Application form.


Right to Information Officer
Office of the Health Ombudsman
PO Box 13281 George Street
Brisbane  Qld  4003


If you need assistance call 133 OHO (133 646) or for translator and interpreter services call 131 450.