Skip links and navigation

Health consumers

What can I complain about?

You can make a complaint about any health service, provided by any health service provider, anywhere in Queensland.

A health service is any service that is, or claims to be, for maintaining, improving, restoring or managing your health and wellbeing.

A health service provider can be:

  • an individual health practitioner
    • ­registered health practitioners include—doctors, nurses, dentists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, occupational therapists, optometrists, osteopaths
    • ­unregistered health practitioners include—nutritionists, masseuses, naturopaths, homeopaths, dieticians, social workers, speech pathologists
  • a health service organisation, such as:
    • ­a public or private healthcare facility, ambulance service, health education service, pharmacy, mental health service, community health service.

Your complaint can be about any aspect of a health service, such as:

  • diagnosis, treatment or care
  • sharing your information without permission
  • inappropriate behaviour by a provider
  • the quality of the health service provided
  • how a provider has dealt with your complaint.

A.I. Web button3 [PDF]